15% to 25% of LGBT High School Aged Children are Homeless in Massachusetts
A study conducted by Boston’s Children’s Hospital of more than 6,300 Massachusetts public high school students found that 25% of high school students who identified as Lesbian or Gay are homeless, while 15% of bisexual students are. This compares with 3% for students identifying as heterosexual. These numbers are certainly cause for concern here in the Bay State. And while these statistics can make us all sit up and take notice, a recent report by the William Institute showed that 40% of homeless youth overall are LGBT.
No kids should be homeless, that’s a clear bottom line. However, the fact that so many LGBT kids are, and the causes seem addressable. Just looking at the William’s study chart above, if the top three reasons could be addressed, we would make a huge impact on this issue, perhaps even for all kids.
- @C4zzi great idea Carol :-) Maybe after your next work trip? 3 weeks ago
- @C4zzi Ahhh I was wondering where you got that dress maxstudio.com It looked really good on you! 4 weeks ago
- @KaraAndDeb @C4zzi Thanks Kara & Deb! :-) 4 weeks ago
- @nflux1 @C4zzi *Thank You* :-) 4 weeks ago
- @C4zzi Awww thanks Carol! And you are too *s* and it was great seeing you and Sharon on Sunday :-) 4 weeks ago